Hi, I’m Kerry, Im so glad you have found me! Welcome to my blog.
About Kerry Life and Loves Blog;
Kerry Life and Loves is a blog to encourage you to make memories. It is a lifestyle blog featuring some of the many layers of my life and loves.
My main focuses are;
- Travel – both overseas, and here in my home country of the UK. I have accumulated a lot of experience in European City breaks and UK mini breaks in the last few years. We have tended to squeeze a few shorter, closer to home breaks in around a regular family holiday each year as we raised our sons. But, as my sons are now grown, my husband and I will be back to venturing much further afield in the coming months and years!
- Inspired Days Out – My blog is also a place where I want to share with you, ideas for UK days out. If Nik and I are not travelling, we still try to find adventure and exploring where we can.
- Sustainability – I am a passionate eco warrior. I try to live my life as sustainably as possible. I hope to share my own longtime journey into sustainable living, to inspire you to make small changes in your own lives.
- Vegan living – I will be sharing amazing foodie finds and the prettiest bars and restaurants. I hope you will find inspiration for fabulous places to eat and drink, both vegan (as I am), and non vegan as my friends and family are. We mainly socialise and hang out in London and Essex. These are my stomping grounds. Both areas which I call home.
- Monthly Musings – This section could cover any area from my life! Book recommendations, discussion pieces, wellbeing posts and mental health all feature regular. As a professional over sharer, you really could find any subject covered in this section!
I hope you will find Kerry Life and Loves is full of inspiration and ideas to help you have wonderful experiences and make lots of memories. I guarantee you will always get my honest, straight forward and unbiased opinion. I aim to encourage you to live as full lives as is possible! Simple as that.
I live in Essex, right on the border of London with my husband and two grown up sons. Travel, in any form, has been the core of my existence ever since I can remember. A strong desire to see and do as much as I can in my lifetime, and make memories with my loved ones, is my driving force. This was enhanced even further when my husband was diagnosed with grade 4 cancer in 2017, at just 46. His battle (and so far winning fight) has made us even more determined to seek experiences!
Nik and I have always travelled in our 28 years together, starting in our teens with a round the world trip. We once lived out of a back pack for two years, travelling and seeing the world. We feel so fortunate to have seen and experienced such beautiful parts of the world. However, now that we have to (apparently) be responsible grown ups, we have to satisfy our unquenchable wanderlust other ways! We are forever searching for amazing staycation accommodation or flights to take us away to foreign lands!
The Story behind Kerry Life and Loves – how it began….
This blog was started in 2017, after I sold the skincare salon and business that I owned. I have always, for about 15 years, used blogs as a way to research destinations, find travel inspiration and product reviews. I loved how you could gain a personal, unedited view. I wanted to do the same and share my experiences. Kerry Life and Loves gave me a way to combine my love of writing and my passion, (some would say obsession) for travel. I am constantly planning our next trip, or hunting out gorgeous venues to visit. I long to inspire you to do the same. I hope you find my blog relatable and authentic. We are just a normal couple, trying to squeeze as much from life as is possible, within our means.
Since I launched this blog I have shared my travel stories and found fabulous things to do in Essex and London. I have also let you into the deepest, darkest parts of my mind with more personal, monthly musings posts. Since switching from a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet in 2018, I have also shared amazing vegan restaurant finds with you. Im determined to show that plant based meals does not mean boring!
Pinch me Moments
I was invited to write a monthly column for Essex life magazine in 2019. My column informs on and addresses sustainable living issues.
I was absolutely thrilled that my blog was named as one of Blogosphere Magazine’s Travel Editors “Travel Blogs of 2019”. It was an amazing moment!
I was asked to be an ambassador for World Animal Protection UK in January 2020.
So, what can you expect to find here on Kerry Life and Loves
Well, as you may guess by now, travel tales will always be the main feature, along with sharing with you fabulous places to visit here in the UK. Im a big advocate of the staycation, and sustainable travel is an area I am exploring more! One of my favourite travel stories of the year can be read in this post – Four Days in Budapest.
My Monthly Musings posts are amongst my most read posts. Often my more personal posts, they are usually ramblings from my mind. I encourage discussion, hope to give you food for thought, and delve introspectively in this popular series.
I am passionate about my role as an Ambassador for World Animal Protection UK. My passion for animal rights, and helping to educate others on the plight they face, is unwavering. You will find educational and informative posts on helping our beautiful wildlife also feature on my blog.
As I am based in Essex, right on the border of London. I am an advocate of supporting local businesses in my home county of Essex, but I am also always exploring things to do in London. I am lucky that where I live, I get the best of both worlds! You may find that vegan food, cake, gin and cocktails feature on quite a regular basis on my blog under the Lifestyle section and there may or may not be an entire section on my blog dedicated to afternoon tea discoveries……..
So, in summary, I write this blog for people that love to travel, visit new places and just want to enjoy life. Id also suggest that my readers like total honesty and straight from the hip opinions……
You wont find parenting advice here, (Im just trying to survive that like most of us), but you will find my love of mini breaks, all things travel, my London shenanigans and the occasional think piece.
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it!